Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Shared Backstory

+3
AspenIvan
Shazere
Talis
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Shared Backstory Empty Shared Backstory Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:39 am

Talis

Alright, I'm thinking of my nation's backstory, and it would be interesting to coordinate it with the other players. I think my empire is going to be a newly-formed government that came out of a civil war and/or rebellion.

The basic idea is that the country's been in shambles or used as a puppet by various neighbors for quite a while. When the civil war broke out, there were various factions - Communist, Fascist, Nationalist, etc. - that were often backed by various neighboring powers. Eventually the monarchist/nationalist/loyalist faction won. If others want to play the backers of the other factions (with currently bad relationships) let me know.

Also, I think my empire is going to start with one region, but its "homeland" might include a couple neighboring regions under occupation by another faction ("peacekeeping force maybe, or a former conqueror.) If you want to be that faction it would be interesting, although you'd probably get Partisan fighters and discontent there.

2Shared Backstory Empty Re: Shared Backstory Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:42 am

Shazere

Admin

Sounds like a good idea to me. I don't know what in particular i'm basing my nation off of just yet. I'm leaning towards Tsarist Russia so we'll see how that goes. I'll PM you so we can work something out later on.

https://foreveratwar.rpg-board.net

3Shared Backstory Empty Re: Shared Backstory Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:09 pm

AspenIvan

AspenIvan

Whaddya know, I'm also making a just-emerged, post-revolutionary nation! However, in my case the rebels won against an expansive imperial monarchy and formed a confederation of new states. Thus, I'm sure I could work it so that my current government had ties with your defeated Communists or Anarchists, or that my former monarchy was an ally to your loyalists.

4Shared Backstory Empty Re: Shared Backstory Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:49 pm

Shazere

Admin

Hmm, well since both of you are making a post Revolutionary government do you want to say they broke off from my country in some big rebellion? I'm willing to say my country lost as long as it makes for some interesting history and backstory. Plus my ocuntry has the multi ethnic trait so you wouldn't have to base your countries of origin off of Russia.

5Shared Backstory Empty Re: Shared Backstory Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:08 pm

AspenIvan

AspenIvan

That might be a hard one to pull, since my Confederation is going to span the maximum possible 8 regions. However, if you wanna work together to find a way to make it work, I'm down.

EDIT: Plus, my original plan had been to keep the royal family alive and in hiding, so that the possibility of a return of the monarchy would hang over the nation.

6Shared Backstory Empty Re: Shared Backstory Sun Sep 11, 2011 6:48 pm

Zurajai

Zurajai

Anyone want to have relations with the Pyrrhic Reich? Hmm?

7Shared Backstory Empty Re: Shared Backstory Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:38 pm

Shazere

Admin

Me me me!

8Shared Backstory Empty Re: Shared Backstory Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:28 pm

Solar Storm

Solar Storm

Zurajai wrote:Anyone want to have relations with the Pyrrhic Reich? Hmm?

I would, but my position might make that impossible. I'm thinking of Zones 17,15 and 14.

9Shared Backstory Empty Re: Shared Backstory Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:27 am

Marjorie

If anyone is intrested in having relations with Tel'Marin, it is a nation just imerging from isolation... There are are missionaries itching to evangalize foreigoners too. ;)

10Shared Backstory Empty Re: Shared Backstory Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:38 am

Theo

Sessau needs some shared back story!

11Shared Backstory Empty Re: Shared Backstory Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:09 am

Marjorie

Where are you situating your empire Theo?

12Shared Backstory Empty Re: Shared Backstory Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:12 am

Theo

It's bordering the Tsardom of Chernogov to the north and the Kingdom of Markatz to the east.

You should definitely move Tel'Marin up with us. Sessau would easily be an ally with Tel'Marin over Chernogov, as of right now Sessau has no allies. I was going to have Chernogov be an ally of Sessau but it's too cutthroat. Sessau is like a mini France! All goody good like.

13Shared Backstory Empty Re: Shared Backstory Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:16 am

Marjorie

I think I might... I have to redo my entire app anyhow... seeing as EVERYTHING has changed senes I wrote it. LOL

14Shared Backstory Empty Re: Shared Backstory Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:19 am

AspenIvan

AspenIvan

Dangit...where can I still place the URC to work in the shared history we worked through?

15Shared Backstory Empty Re: Shared Backstory Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:05 am

Shazere

Admin

I have to re-do my app too Marj XD It'll be all right.

16Shared Backstory Empty Re: Shared Backstory Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:47 am

Theo

Wait wait! Is anyone going to be mad if maybe I scrap Sessau and make an Asian-esque nation with Demupn!

17Shared Backstory Empty Re: Shared Backstory Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:15 am

Shazere

Admin

Go for it, as long as your happy.

18Shared Backstory Empty Re: Shared Backstory Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:51 am

Marjorie

Oh, IC... invite me to come join you and then change your mind. :P I guess it's ok, lol.

19Shared Backstory Empty Re: Shared Backstory Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:22 am

AspenIvan

AspenIvan

If your new nation is going to be in a different location than the current Sessau, I call dibs on that region; I'll exchange it for my current southernmost.

20Shared Backstory Empty Re: Shared Backstory Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:46 am

Theo

non, je suis Sessau pour maintenant, d'accord? desolé Aspen!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum