Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Discussion

+8
Zurajai
AspenIvan
Talis
Plethora
vaklu
Marjorie
Solar Storm
Shazere
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 9]

126General Discussion - Page 6 Empty Re: General Discussion Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:01 pm

Marjorie

I am willing to moderate, I'm on like every day, at least one a day. *has no life* LOL

Also, I was wondering wich map are we useing???

And, I also agree that the higher you econ. rating the more trade agreements it should take to level up your wealth; you could make it like a 2:1 ratio so for every one level of econ. you need two trade agreements to level up your wealth. So if you econ. is 1 you need 2 agreements, for an econ of 2 you need for ect.

OR you could say like level 1-3 requires 2 agreements to level up wealth, level 4-6 requires 3 agreements to level up, 7-9 requires 4 agreements, and 10 requires 5. Or something...

Last edited by Marjorie on Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:59 am; edited 1 time in total

127General Discussion - Page 6 Empty Re: General Discussion Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:02 pm

Marjorie

Also... my app. is done, aside from I'm not sure witch map we are useing.

128General Discussion - Page 6 Empty Re: General Discussion Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:29 am

Talis

Theo's got a new map going up. He hasn't added resources yet, but once it's done he'll post it.

Personally, I suggest making trade agreements only boost connected regions. So if you make a trade agreement with a state on your border you have to build railways to extend the bonus.

129General Discussion - Page 6 Empty Re: General Discussion Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:31 am

Marjorie

That's a great idea Tals.

130General Discussion - Page 6 Empty Re: General Discussion Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:02 am

AspenIvan

AspenIvan

I think coastal regions should also get a wealth bonus, so long as the trade partner also has a coastal region.

And yes, I can moderate, but I am limited mostly to weekend, and in particular I cannot really do anything this whole week, weekend included Sad.

131General Discussion - Page 6 Empty Re: General Discussion Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:04 pm

Theo

I think a certain number of trade agreements required to boost wealth is an inefficient idea. It prompts the importance of the existence of the trade agreement as opposed to the contents of the trade agreement.

Secondly, Luxury Goods were added as a resource with the idea of a "Cultural" section of the game like Warring Fronts or Warping Empires, but this is a warring game where culturalism is irrelevant.

Manpower should be a resource over that since with the games current design, landlocked nations will always beat a nation with a navy in a land engagement since very little care was given to updating the IP system from Warping Empires.

A good example is Sessau vs Chernogov. Without Manpower, I will eventually win even a land war though his country is five times the size and three times as large because he is using IP to fund his navy and army, whereas in real life navies are supported with Steel/Oil and armies are supported with Manpower. Sessau has no navy to support so I will, literally, in game terms outproduce him on the field.

132General Discussion - Page 6 Empty Re: General Discussion Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:43 pm

Talis

Theo has a very good point. I designed the WE system as a two-part balance. Land and naval units were both vital and had their own advantages or disadvantages. Theoretically you could have all land troops and just have nigh-impossible to conquer planets, or invest entirely in spaceships and besiege your opponents planets from orbit.

Here that's not a problem because of the way continents work. Naval units are a luxury for many powers instead of vital, and they drain resources from land armies.

So yeah, I think I like the Manpower idea. It also makes population a concrete factor that will rapidly shift, rather than (as in other models) an income source that is always rising. It would fit the resource system quite well anyway: Oil for naval units and armor, Luxuries for wealth, and Food for population growth and manpower.

It would be pretty simple to implement too: just link a certain amount of manpower per million members of the population; Maybe 2:1. Troops can cost a certain amount of manpower, and an annihilated unit loses you a big population chunk after the battle. We could easily modify traits to work with it too.

133General Discussion - Page 6 Empty Re: General Discussion Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:14 pm

Marjorie

I think this is a good idea and would set up a more realistic system.

134General Discussion - Page 6 Empty Re: General Discussion Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:45 pm

Shazere

Admin

All right, i've decided that military doctrines won't be a seperate trait and will just be attached under military trait as a sub category. If anyone remembers Theo's 'tactics' from WF, it'll be like that. This means that you can't have for example Advanced Espionage and Air Pioneers WITHOUT stacking. Which mean's taking another weakness trait to even thing's out.

https://foreveratwar.rpg-board.net

135General Discussion - Page 6 Empty Re: General Discussion Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:28 am

Shazere

Admin

So, who's willing to moderate? Let's start assigning so we can get playing.

136General Discussion - Page 6 Empty Re: General Discussion Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:17 pm

Marjorie

I already volenteered once, lol... but I say again, Marjorie is always on - or rather at least a couple times a day. :P

137General Discussion - Page 6 Empty Re: General Discussion Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:45 am

Marjorie

Hi everyone... so I know most of you haven't even finished up your apps. yet, but seeing as Tel'Marin basically had no relationships with any nations is there anyone out there who's a bordering neighbor who would like to be invited to their Festival?

138General Discussion - Page 6 Empty Re: General Discussion Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:18 am

Marjorie

Theo: What you put for Tel'Marin in the Index of Nations is no longer correct.

139General Discussion - Page 6 Empty Re: General Discussion Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:38 pm

Theo

What?!

I've sort've lost a little bit of faith here. I'm still gonna play but I'm brooding my own ideas, y'anno!

140General Discussion - Page 6 Empty Re: General Discussion Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:00 pm

Zurajai

Zurajai

Not to sound unfaithful but I'd have to agree. I find the multiple changes to be unsavory and the lack of real activity bothers me.

141General Discussion - Page 6 Empty Re: General Discussion Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:40 am

Shazere

Admin

Eh, I think i'm close to officially call this forum a flub and close it down. No one seems honestly interested anymore so i'm just going to be merciful here and bow out. It was a good idea but things got tangled and took too long to put together. Not to mention people are mulling other forum ideas so pursue them.

142General Discussion - Page 6 Empty Re: General Discussion Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:46 am

Marjorie

Umm... I think the lack of activity was due mostly to the mechanics needing to be nailed down. If people still want to play then now would be whent he activity "begins".

143General Discussion - Page 6 Empty Re: General Discussion Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:08 am

AspenIvan

AspenIvan

I'm super down to go through with this forum. It's not any lack of enthusiasm keeping me from posting, but rather an excess of goings about and duties outside. I have made a good deal of progress in my URRS app; if you look you'll see city/region descriptions and half of my govt description. One more weekend and I'll be finished.

144General Discussion - Page 6 Empty Re: General Discussion Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:32 am

Talis

I finally finished Markatz. Just awaiting approval now.

145General Discussion - Page 6 Empty Re: General Discussion Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:13 am

Shazere

Admin

Well, screw it. Let's give it one more shot. We've put this much work into it. I have the weekend coming up so i'll be around, you've been approved Talis. Go start your L&A.

146General Discussion - Page 6 Empty Re: General Discussion Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:08 pm

Theo

Touche!

Am I accepted? Can I post?

Can I post my link too?

147General Discussion - Page 6 Empty Re: General Discussion Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:07 am

Shazere

Admin

Post away. Also, I'm debating allowing people to calculate their own IP's every week and just sending them into their moderators to make it easy. Anyone object?

148General Discussion - Page 6 Empty Re: General Discussion Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:26 am

vaklu

vaklu

I think it's a good idea just wondering if we can horde ip for later use or is it like WE use it or lose it.
Also are doctrines going back to being separate from traits?, i know a few people thought they were better as a separate entity.

149General Discussion - Page 6 Empty Re: General Discussion Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:43 am

Marjorie

I thnk it would be good to let people calculate their onw IP, it will take the dependance and work load off of the mods.

150General Discussion - Page 6 Empty Re: General Discussion Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:53 pm

Shazere

Admin

Okay, making a couple executive decisions here. Military Doctrines are going back to being a seperate trait, go fix your apps. I am not even going to bother re-approving, just get to it when you can and start posting. Secondly, calculate your own IP production and for the moment until moderators are given to everyone send them in to me.

I had a death in the family today with my Uncle so I don't know how much I will be here this weekend but I will be around to post and try and get people active. So, if you've made an app send me your first weeks IP expenditures unless you are saving it. You are allowed to save IP in this game.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum