You are not connected. Please login or register

General Discussion

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 5 of 9]

101 Re: General Discussion on Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:57 am

I am at a loss for what to go. First I was Ottoman, then German, then English, now simply confused. I'm now tempted to make a grim nation of battered people whom hate the world for centuries of brutal bloodshed and violence.

Or I could always go back to being Ottomans . . .

Last edited by Zurajai on Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:05 am; edited 2 times in total

View user profile

102 Re: General Discussion on Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:57 am

GO FOR OTTOMANS! That would be tight!

View user profile

103 Re: General Discussion on Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:05 am

Or, I could make a Modernized version of some Pre-Industrial culture, like the Anglo-Saxons or the Danes. So many ideas, but I may only pick one! Or, I could fuse my grim nation with the Ottoman nation! That could always be fun!

View user profile

104 Re: General Discussion on Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:20 am

Kay, going to go Ottoman, only thing I can easily work with without really stretching reality. The Eranshashr Sultanate, aka Eran, or Southron by the rest of the world. Now, let all be aware that I claim the south, wherever that may be.

View user profile

105 Re: General Discussion on Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:48 am

Is it just me, or do we all start out at 4 - 6 Public Approval, which means we're all loathed or unpopular . . . I'm sorry, but I find this totally unrealistic. There is far too much dislike compared to like. Oh, and Federation is totally OP. 15% off for non Unanimous? Lower it to 10% and it might be a bit better.

View user profile

106 Re: General Discussion on Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:50 am

Je pense que il est raison!

There needs to be an indepth section on Regions ; Wealth, Resources and Security/Approval. RIGHT NOW.

I'd like to know where

Tel'Marin, the Ottoman people, and uh .. whoever else isn't on the map would like to go!

View user profile

107 Re: General Discussion on Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:00 pm

Dude, 4-6 is Unpopular to Accepted, not Loathed to Unpopular. The Empire Status post for Public Approval is a tad confusing on that point at first glance, but I am positive after re-reading that my first statement is true. Loathed is at 2, Despised at 1.

As for Federation, I wouldn't call it any more powerful than Absolute Monarchy. The malus for Federation is lesser, but 10% off Military Maintenance, almost always the VAST majority of an empire's IP spending, goes a lot further than 15% off constructs.

View user profile

108 Re: General Discussion on Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:04 pm

Remember also that the economic system Public Approval is an unmodified baseline that doesn't take into account other factors such as government type, traits, or constructs you may build in the future. Nor does the baseline take into account regional differences like the capital bonus. It's pretty easy to boost a 4 PA to a very nice 7 or 8 with a trait and a construct.

View user profile

109 Re: General Discussion on Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:21 pm

just wanted to point out that since we're getting pretty close to ready to play that we need like one or two more civic constructs cause so far we only have 2. I was thinking a University or something like that.

P.S. Electric Grid is a little vague compared to all the hard numbers we've been using. so may i suggest we change
- Improved Happiness to +1 Public Approval.

View user profile

110 Re: General Discussion on Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:03 pm

University!

Monument! ( <-- Yay4Culture)

Harbor (Duhhhh)!

Factory!

View user profile

111 Re: General Discussion on Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:36 pm

Shazere

Admin
Sounds good, app is finished pretty much btw if anyone wants to approve me. I'll give people a week's grace period to change an already completed app if they like, since new traits might be coming along soon.

View user profile http://foreveratwar.forumotion.com

112 Re: General Discussion on Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:28 pm

Oh yeah there isn't any thing in the economy section that says officially how much ip unused oil is worth

View user profile

113 Re: General Discussion on Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:53 pm

That's what I'm sayin'!

And I need to know where everybody wants to be on the map besides Chernogov, Markatz, Sessau and Survaek.

View user profile

114 Re: General Discussion on Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:59 pm

well my spot got chosen for me xD

View user profile

115 Re: General Discussion on Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:59 pm

I was told to put you there!

View user profile

116 Re: General Discussion on Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:00 pm

just teasing lol!

View user profile

117 Re: General Discussion on Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:04 pm

I wish Survaek wouldn't have taken the spot between Demuon's coastal territory and Sessau, I wanted that to be the NPC nation " Republic of Mille " that was lost to Sessau.

View user profile

118 Re: General Discussion on Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:51 am

Shazere

Admin
Markatz needs its 'occupied provinces' that Chernogov is entrenced in right now on the map. Also, added that oil slots generate 10 IP under the mechanics section.

119 Re: General Discussion on Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:52 pm

So Markatz has a territory that is currently occupied by Chernogov?

View user profile

120 Re: General Discussion on Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:53 pm

Shazere

Admin
Yeah, technically it would be an NPC country that split off from him during the Civil War. Chernogov invaded a couple years ago and now occupies the region as peacekeepers.

121 Re: General Discussion on Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:03 pm

So should I make it an NPC color/kingdom or give it the Chernogov color?

View user profile

122 Re: General Discussion on Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:04 pm

Shazere

Admin
NPC color. Maybe just give it some kind of dot or something in the center to denote its occupation?

123 Re: General Discussion on Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:49 pm

Shazere

Admin
Got some construct ideas. Take a look.

Civic Constructs:
Civilian Airport:
While air travel is beginning to be pioneered in the military field, even civilian aviators are recognizing the potential and have stepped up efforts to create a civilian air industry to allow the free flow of goods across the country.
+2 Wealth
1 oil unit

400 IP

Civilian Harbor:
The harbor is a bustling place, used to allow the free flow of goods across the vast ocean and enabling countries that are separated by thousands of miles of sea to trade.
+1 Wealth

200 IP

Prestigious University:
A prestigious university not only gives a nation a reputation for producing fine scholars of the arts but allows for the advancements in the arts, science, and mathametics. However, with a new intellectual class comes possibly new ideas about political change. Whether this is for a communist utopia or the creation of a democratic state.
+2 PA
-1 Security

500 IP

124 Re: General Discussion on Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:33 am

Excellent. Still need a fix for the oil though.

View user profile

125 Re: General Discussion on Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:34 pm

Shazere

Admin
Okay, we need to figure out how many trade agreements are going to boost your wealth. I'm of the opinion, the higher your economy the more trade agreements it would take to kick it up a level. Also, who's willing to moderate?

126 Re: General Discussion Today at 12:44 pm

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum