Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Discussion

+8
Zurajai
AspenIvan
Talis
Plethora
vaklu
Marjorie
Solar Storm
Shazere
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 9]

101General Discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: General Discussion Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:57 am

Zurajai

Zurajai

I am at a loss for what to go. First I was Ottoman, then German, then English, now simply confused. I'm now tempted to make a grim nation of battered people whom hate the world for centuries of brutal bloodshed and violence.

Or I could always go back to being Ottomans . . .

Last edited by Zurajai on Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:05 am; edited 2 times in total

102General Discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: General Discussion Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:57 am

AspenIvan

AspenIvan

GO FOR OTTOMANS! That would be tight!

103General Discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: General Discussion Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:05 am

Zurajai

Zurajai

Or, I could make a Modernized version of some Pre-Industrial culture, like the Anglo-Saxons or the Danes. So many ideas, but I may only pick one! Or, I could fuse my grim nation with the Ottoman nation! That could always be fun!

104General Discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: General Discussion Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:20 am

Zurajai

Zurajai

Kay, going to go Ottoman, only thing I can easily work with without really stretching reality. The Eranshashr Sultanate, aka Eran, or Southron by the rest of the world. Now, let all be aware that I claim the south, wherever that may be.

105General Discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: General Discussion Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:48 am

Zurajai

Zurajai

Is it just me, or do we all start out at 4 - 6 Public Approval, which means we're all loathed or unpopular . . . I'm sorry, but I find this totally unrealistic. There is far too much dislike compared to like. Oh, and Federation is totally OP. 15% off for non Unanimous? Lower it to 10% and it might be a bit better.

106General Discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: General Discussion Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:50 am

Theo

Je pense que il est raison!

There needs to be an indepth section on Regions ; Wealth, Resources and Security/Approval. RIGHT NOW.

I'd like to know where

Tel'Marin, the Ottoman people, and uh .. whoever else isn't on the map would like to go!

107General Discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: General Discussion Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:00 pm

AspenIvan

AspenIvan

Dude, 4-6 is Unpopular to Accepted, not Loathed to Unpopular. The Empire Status post for Public Approval is a tad confusing on that point at first glance, but I am positive after re-reading that my first statement is true. Loathed is at 2, Despised at 1.

As for Federation, I wouldn't call it any more powerful than Absolute Monarchy. The malus for Federation is lesser, but 10% off Military Maintenance, almost always the VAST majority of an empire's IP spending, goes a lot further than 15% off constructs.

108General Discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: General Discussion Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:04 pm

Talis

Remember also that the economic system Public Approval is an unmodified baseline that doesn't take into account other factors such as government type, traits, or constructs you may build in the future. Nor does the baseline take into account regional differences like the capital bonus. It's pretty easy to boost a 4 PA to a very nice 7 or 8 with a trait and a construct.

109General Discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: General Discussion Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:21 pm

vaklu

vaklu

just wanted to point out that since we're getting pretty close to ready to play that we need like one or two more civic constructs cause so far we only have 2. I was thinking a University or something like that.

P.S. Electric Grid is a little vague compared to all the hard numbers we've been using. so may i suggest we change
- Improved Happiness to +1 Public Approval.

110General Discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: General Discussion Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:03 pm

Theo

University!

Monument! ( <-- Yay4Culture)

Harbor (Duhhhh)!

Factory!

111General Discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: General Discussion Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:36 pm

Shazere

Admin

Sounds good, app is finished pretty much btw if anyone wants to approve me. I'll give people a week's grace period to change an already completed app if they like, since new traits might be coming along soon.

https://foreveratwar.rpg-board.net

112General Discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: General Discussion Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:28 pm

vaklu

vaklu

Oh yeah there isn't any thing in the economy section that says officially how much ip unused oil is worth

113General Discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: General Discussion Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:53 pm

Theo

That's what I'm sayin'!

And I need to know where everybody wants to be on the map besides Chernogov, Markatz, Sessau and Survaek.

114General Discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: General Discussion Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:59 pm

vaklu

vaklu

well my spot got chosen for me xD

115General Discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: General Discussion Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:59 pm

Theo

I was told to put you there!

116General Discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: General Discussion Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:00 pm

vaklu

vaklu

just teasing lol!

117General Discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: General Discussion Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:04 pm

Theo

I wish Survaek wouldn't have taken the spot between Demuon's coastal territory and Sessau, I wanted that to be the NPC nation " Republic of Mille " that was lost to Sessau.

118General Discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: General Discussion Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:51 am

Shazere

Admin

Markatz needs its 'occupied provinces' that Chernogov is entrenced in right now on the map. Also, added that oil slots generate 10 IP under the mechanics section.

119General Discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: General Discussion Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:52 pm

Theo

So Markatz has a territory that is currently occupied by Chernogov?

120General Discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: General Discussion Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:53 pm

Shazere

Admin

Yeah, technically it would be an NPC country that split off from him during the Civil War. Chernogov invaded a couple years ago and now occupies the region as peacekeepers.

121General Discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: General Discussion Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:03 pm

Theo

So should I make it an NPC color/kingdom or give it the Chernogov color?

122General Discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: General Discussion Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:04 pm

Shazere

Admin

NPC color. Maybe just give it some kind of dot or something in the center to denote its occupation?

123General Discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: General Discussion Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:49 pm

Shazere

Admin

Got some construct ideas. Take a look.

Civic Constructs:
Civilian Airport:
While air travel is beginning to be pioneered in the military field, even civilian aviators are recognizing the potential and have stepped up efforts to create a civilian air industry to allow the free flow of goods across the country.
+2 Wealth
1 oil unit

400 IP

Civilian Harbor:
The harbor is a bustling place, used to allow the free flow of goods across the vast ocean and enabling countries that are separated by thousands of miles of sea to trade.
+1 Wealth

200 IP

Prestigious University:
A prestigious university not only gives a nation a reputation for producing fine scholars of the arts but allows for the advancements in the arts, science, and mathametics. However, with a new intellectual class comes possibly new ideas about political change. Whether this is for a communist utopia or the creation of a democratic state.
+2 PA
-1 Security

500 IP

124General Discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: General Discussion Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:33 am

Theo

Excellent. Still need a fix for the oil though.

125General Discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: General Discussion Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:34 pm

Shazere

Admin

Okay, we need to figure out how many trade agreements are going to boost your wealth. I'm of the opinion, the higher your economy the more trade agreements it would take to kick it up a level. Also, who's willing to moderate?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum